Friday, June 25, 2010

Raising the Roof


Finally. At Last. The time has come to begin our patio cover! We have wanted to have some shade in our backyard for 4 years now, and our little trees just 'aint cuttin' it........give them a few more decades and then we shall see.......they are trying though.......I go out and encourage them every day.
Mitch has been hard at it, and if I do say so myself, doing a mighty fine job of it. No really, I am very impressed. It isn't that I thought that he couldn't do it, I knew that he could.......it's just.......why would he want to do it?!! I sure wouldn't want to work out in the heat and use power tools all day long, and I know for a fact that I would never be able to decipher a set of building plans, trust me I've tried! I have to give credit to my son-in-law for his hard work on the plans.......thanks Davie, you're awesome!! I am loved, for you see that is the reason for the patio cover.......Mitch knows that I would love to have one. He knows that I love to be outside. But......The LOVE doesn't end with covering the patio.......he is also building a small BBQ island, complete with a gas burner, and a counter top, and a fireplace too! We will be able to enjoy the out of doors in any season! He did inform me the other day that the fireplace might be a project for next year.........ah well......I will try to be patient. I am planning to promise him a "cuddling session" by the fire........you never know, it might speed things up a bit!




No comments:

Post a Comment