Monday, March 7, 2011

Shalom


Mitch and I are off on another adventure........We are heading to Israel for a few weeks!!

Mitch has been planning to go for a year now, our pastor wanted him to help lead the tour, but I had planned to stay home. One of the ladies that had paid had to cancel on Sunday......please pray for her and her family. Denise's niece is very ill and most likely will not be alive for much longer. Her niece and her family don't know the Lord and so she felt that she needed to go and be with them.
When we found all of this out on Sunday, we began to pray if I should go....we would have to pay some money to get the airline tickets transferred, but all in all it was already paid for and Denise didn't want us to worry about the money. Well we weren't going for that and so we prayed about what to offer to her, and the Lord gave Mitch and I the same dollar amount.......here is the cool part.......A lady from church called on Sunday night and offered to give us the exact amount!....and we hadn't said a word about it!! She and her husband had both felt God leading them to do this. All I can say is my God is AWESOME! I am so thankful for how it all worked out for both Mitch and I, and for Denise too.
Mitch headed out this morning for a part of the tour that Denise wasn't signed up for, so I won't see him until Saturday......in Jerusalem. There are 20 people from church that will be flying with me so I won't be all alone.
Mitch and I had the opportunity to see Israel in 1985, just a year after we gave our hearts to Jesus. I have never forgotten that trip, and I certainly never thought that I would be going back. I still can see in my mind the places that we visited, places that I read about in my Bible. My favorite place was the Sea of Galilee and the shepherd's field outside of Bethlehem......I could almost hear the angels announcing the birth of Jesus. There are a few places that we will tour this time that we didn't get to see in 1985. The two hills and valley where David and the army of Israel defeated Goliath and the Philistines, The City of Petra, and the resort of Eliat.
So I will say Shalom for now.......Check back here at the end of the month and view my photos.
And don't forget to........Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.......if you do God says that you will be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have such a wonderful time!
    Love you....can't wait to hear all the stories and view the pictures!

    ReplyDelete