Saturday, October 15, 2011

More of Israel






I am finally going to try and finish up sharing about our trip to Israel! I guess a few months late.......ok, well a half a year later, isn't too bad.....it could have been worse!
We were able to take a drive up to the Golan Heights and see an army outpost at the top. There are still bunkers there, and we were able to tour them. I would never have been able to live in one of those bunkers......can I just say how thankful I am that I have never had to live in one!
We visited Tel Dan too......all you Bible scholars will remember that this is the place that the children of Israel set up idol worship, instead of going to the temple in Jerusalem like the Lord told them to. Today, there is a replica of an alter there amidst the ruins, and I got talked into climbing up on it, you can see in the photo what ensued after I did!
We made it to the area of the springs where Gideon formed his army. This is the place where the Lord told him to cut back his army to 300 men! The way that the Lord did this is quite strange......and so as you can see from the photos, Mitch and I would have fit right in with the 300.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mom, that's pathetic. And Dad gives ME a bad time when it's a few weeks between posts?! :) Someday let's go together, we would love to take the kids there. Or maybe us girls can go to Paris, or Italy, or Greece...xoxo PS when did you say you were moving here, I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete