Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A New Adventure


"Write for yourself.......all the words that I have spoken to you." Jeremiah 30:2
This passage of scripture was "given" to me, by the Lord, over 10 years ago. It is embarrassing to admit this........I am just now obeying Him.
"It is time," the Lord told me in September, and so I begin to write.
May I say that I feel like a fish out of water, gasping for breath, because I am out of my natural element! I am not a writer, and to be quite frank with you, I don't really speak well either. Conversing with others is not my strong suit. Speaking to a group of women is not what I EVER wanted to do, I feel much better being behind the scenes. And yet, God has given me the spiritual gift of.........talking!" It is what I do for a living, and it is what I do for ministry. And now, He wants me to write.
So, I have begun a new adventure with my Lord.
I am still not quite sure if God wants me to write for myself only, or to write something for others to read; and so, I am praying.......and I have begun to write. I have numerous pages of random thoughts saved on my computer, but as I write, the one thing I know for certain is that God wants me to share my story with others. And so I prayed about starting another blog, and I am sensing that this is what God wants me to do......for now anyway. The blog is titled, "The Handmaid of the Lord." It is the story of my journey, thus far.
I am amazed at how the Lord uses me, and I am amazed at what He asks me to do. I pray that my story will be an encouragement to others, but most of all I want God to receive ALL of the glory and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment