Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Tide Has Turned

Well, the Christmas season has begun!!  My favorite time of the year.  I love Christmas for many reasons; spending time with family and friends, Christmas cookies and candies, the decorations, and the most wonderful reason of all, my Savior came to earth to be born a Man, destined to die for me!!
Last night at our church's 32 annual Women's Christmas celebration, the gals who led the music sang; Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel......but with a twist.  They added in another song between the verses....it was beautiful and very moving.  
This Is War by Dustin Kensrue. 
This is war like you ain't seen.
This winter's long, it's cold and mean.
With hangdog hearts we stood condemned,
But the tide turns now at Bethlehem.
This is war and born tonight,
The Word as flesh, the Lord of Light,
The Son of God, the low-born king;
Who demons fear, of whom angels sing.
This is war on sin and death;
The dark will take it's final breath.
It shakes the earth, confounds all plans;
The mystery of God as man.

I wish that all of you could have heard it.  It was a beautiful reminder of why I celebrate Christmas.  The lyrics to the above song say it all.  I was in darkness and now I am in the LIGHT!  I no longer have a "hang-dog" heart, and the winter is anything but cold and mean!!  Winter time now holds the celebration of the Light of the world coming to earth to save us from sin's condemnation and the curse of death.  I praise the God of heaven for His indescribable Gift.......my Jesus!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Good job Mom, you actually wrote something on your blog, what a great idea! Steph may want to try this! ;) I took like 3 measly pics on Thanksgiving, can you email me the one of us "Dunfees?" xo

    ReplyDelete