Saturday, February 8, 2014

365 DPC-Days 35-37

Day 35-Outdoors

I have always loved the winter time, even as a child, there was such anticipation for the first snowfall of the year.  I know, most kids enjoy the summertime, and I did as well, but there is something about the winter time that has always made me happy.  To this day, I love to see the snow falling from the skies.  I don't really care to be cold, but the snow is the main reason that I love the winter time.  In the winter, the skies are gray so much of the time; the earth is covered in browned grasses and dirt, the trees are barren of leaves; but when it snows, it is magical.  Now the skies rain down glitter, and the ground is white and sparkly, the trees look like they are covered in frosting, how can that be anything but good?
On the day that I took this photo, our yard looked so drab.  For the first time that I can remember, I was finished with winter, I longed for spring!  I want to get out there in my yard and get my hands dirty; planting seeds and moving plants around.  I was so wishing for spring.  But what a difference a day makes..........Here is a photo of the yard on Day 35


Day 36-Something Red

These red chairs are from my neighbor's trash.  I drug them home and painted them my favorite color.....Red.
They make me smile.  
I'd always wanted Adirondack chairs, but they can be so expensive.  Needless to say, I was over joyed, and blessed beyond measure, to find them out on the curb.  I remember thinking that God blessed me with something that I hadn't prayed for, but it was something that I had wanted.  I love His gift to me.
Also do you see something else that makes me smile?  SNOW, yes beautiful sparkly snow.  See the difference a day makes?

Day 37-Something I Dreamed of Doing

I would really like to see the Eiffel Tower.  It seems so romantic to me, as does the city it resides in.  Paris is the city of Romance, or at least that what the books say.  I've dreamed of walking over Paris' many bridges; stopping at a little Bistro to enjoy a cup of coffee; sitting on one of those cute wrought iron chairs, watching the people pass by.  I have wanted to tour the Louvre, and have a nice long visit with the masters.  I want to see the many sidewalk artists at work, and maybe even sit for a portrait. I want to stop at every bakery that I can and sample eclairs and croissants, fresh baked breads and rolls; and dine at restaurants that serve souffles.  I would love to rent a bicycle, with a basket of course, and peddle around the French countryside; stopping along the way at little antique and book stores.

Maybe this summer, after the snow is long gone, I will sit on my red chair, looking at the replica of the Eiffel Tower and dream of a trip to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment