Saturday, September 5, 2009

No Greater Joy




Mitch and I had the privilege of being at the baptisms of our oldest daughter Stephenie's girls, our grand daughters, Bethanne and Rachel. We almost didn't make it, I had a "senior moment" (lately it has been a series of moments) and got the days mixed up. I am so thankful that I just happened to call my daughter Laura when I did or we would have missed it all together!
The day was even more special in that my son-in-law Dave, was the one who baptised them. Both of my daughters married awesome Christian men and I thank the Lord daily for the godly influence that they are in the lives of my girls and of my grand babies. Todd and Dave are the answer to my prayers of long ago and God gave me abundantly above all that I could ask or think!
Before the girls were "dunked," they were each asked to share a little bit about their faith in Jesus. As I listened to each one share her reasons for wanting to be baptised, the Lord reminded me of a portion of scripture that He had "given" to me many years ago...........
Is. 59:21 "As for Me," says the LORD, this is my covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and my words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the LORD, "from this time and forevermore."
And to borrow a phrase from the Apostle Paul....... and if I do say so myself........there is no greater joy than to see your children walking in the faith.




1 comment: