Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vacanza is Almost Here......


Our "once-in-a-lifetime" Italian-Grecian holiday is almost upon us, so I have been happily getting stuff ready. I don't have any suitcases packed yet, but the top of our dresser is covered with travel size toiletries, ear plugs, bandages, extra eye glasses, electrical converters, and a host of other items for travel.
I have even been reading an Italian phrase book and dictionary, along with a few travel books I checked out from the library.
While in Italia, I have read that we should order menu del giorno, when eating out. It is the least expensive and the freshest food available. I have learned that a coffee shop is called a bar, so I will be doing some bar hopping for sure! I can't wait to taste an Italian caffe latte (I hope that the Italians have soy latte or it will be a caffe nero for me)
I have read that the public toilette costs money to use, a few coins and then you go!
A couple of the tour books even tell you what to do in the off chance a bird does its business on your head. We are cautioned to not try and wipe it away, it will only smear the pigeon's poop into your hair. We are told to just let it dry and then brush it away!
I look forward to lots of fare spese and when I am done, I will be indulging in dolci and a caffe' at a pasticceria.
And, if I do say so myself, the best part will be the canzone of a Venetian gondolier and a bacio from my sweet honey under the stars, as we glide through the canals of Venezia.
Arrivederci for now.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Eat lots of good food and enjoy everything! I am jealous....:)

    Randi

    ReplyDelete