Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Has Sprung


"No Winter lasts forever, no Spring skips its turn." I don't remember the author of this quote, but I have thought of it often. It has felt like this winter would never end and lately, I have been holding on to the truth of this statement. If I do say so myself, this winter was unusual. We didn't have a lot of snow, and the days were not too cold, just alot of rain and dreary cloud cover. I have been so looking forward to Spring, and this weekend the weather finally cooperated.
Saturday was a gorgeous day, warm and sunny, so we decided to get the boat up and running, ready for a summer filled with Bass fishing. After we charged the battery and got out the fishing tackle, we were off to the river. Well, we didn't catch a thing, but we had a great time anyway.
It was heavenly just being out of doors and on the water. We enjoyed the sounds of the birds and of the Canada Geese, and we even saw a bald eagle from a far. We tried to maneuver the boat close enough to take a picture, but the geese decided to fly at that exact moment, and off it flew with them. Ah well, maybe next time?

1 comment:

  1. I miss fishing:( I miss the snacking I did while fishing:( I miss you and Dad:( XO

    ReplyDelete