Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Lucky in Love"


For the last few years I have been going through that wonderful......as I type this word, my tongue is in my cheek and I am rolling my eyes!.....time of life called, Menopause.
Here recently, I had had a particularly bad couple of weeks, and one day my sweet Mitch surprised me with flowers.

As you can see from the photo, they look very pretty in their vase, and the colors were some of my favorite, deep pinks and oranges. It did my heart good to look at them, until..........Mitch came home, so excited to see my reaction, and when he saw the flowers, his face literally fell! I asked him what was wrong, but he didn't say anything for a while. He finally let on that he had ordered the bouquet on-line from Lucky Flowers, a new florist shop in town. He had even taken the time to call the florist and asked for an upgrade......he said that he had wanted it to be a big WOW!! Well, it was a WOW, just not in the way that he thought. I won't tell you what the cost of the arrangement was, lets just say that the 4"x4" vase had maybe 10 flowers, 5 of which had brown petals and stuffed in it were a few fern-ny things, and it looked like it was put together by a 5th grader, was worth maybe $20, but he paid a bunch more.....no pun intended!
And if that wasn't enough the card was full of errors and when read was quite humorous......it read like I had sent myself the flowers!!

We tried to take the arrangement back, since the receipt said that they offered 100% satisfaction, but we quickly learned that the guarantee didn't mean getting your money back, just a new arrangement, with the same flowers, put together by the same person!

Needless to say, we came home with that same little 4"x4" vase of flowers and I proudly displayed it on my coffee table, because each time I looked at it I was reminded of my husbands love for me and of how lucky I am to be his wife!



2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you didn't send yourself the flowers? You did say you aren't sleeping well...:) Sounds like the flower shop named itself Lucky Flowers because luck is the only thing that's gonna keep it open. XO Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's trying to keep your Menopause from turning to Men-on-Pause!...if you know what I mean! Good job Papa!

    ReplyDelete