Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bringin' In The Sheaves




Here are some of the photos from our church's Harvest Party.......We throw a Harvest Party each year as an Outreach to our community, and we had over 1,000 adults and children attend this year's event! We had tons of fun games, like "Holey In One"........."Take Off Goliath's Head" (with a bean-bag of course)......and my favorite of all........."Throw Jonah Into the Mouth of the Whale!" Hey, I thought that Jonah came out of the mouth of the whale?? There was a real popcorn machine.....cotton candy galore......and YUMMY caramel apples.....let's just say that the scent on the air was to die for! We served BBQ Hot Dogs and of course there was candy, tons of candy.....FOUR 40 gallon barrels FULL of Candy to be exact!
My friend Melina and her band, played beautiful music for us the entire time, and the children's costumes were adorable.....even the adults got into the spirit of things. I volunteered to man the Information Booth, so I came dressed up as a Nerd.........I guess I didn't pull it off, because everyone thought that I was a Librarian. Now, I visit the library at least twice a month, and I don't recall seeing anyone dressed as I was, so I ask....What library do they go to?
We even had beautiful weather, a little windy at times, but all in all a gorgeous Fall day.
Mitch gave of himself to the Dunk Tank.....I am sure that he was wondering how he got roped into doing this, but he was a good sport about it, but hey, that's my man....he'll do anything for Jesus. Some of the other pastors took a turn too, except Zach and Matt.....party poopers, or should I say........CHICKEN babies!!




No comments:

Post a Comment