Sunday, December 6, 2009

30 and Counting.......

Thanksgiving 2009 In January, Mitch and I will have been together for 30 years and in March, we will celebrate 29 years of marriage.
Some of you know that I love my husband's scent. He has his own special smell and I especially love the smell of his breath! Okay, not in the morning, but I do love it!!
The other day as I was making the bed, I could smell his scent on his pillow, and it got me thinking of him and of our life together.
We have shared 30 Thanksgivings, 30 Christmases, 30 birthdays, and 30 anniversaries. We have watched our girls grow into women, and then we have watched them become wives and mothers themselves. We have moved to new homes more times than I can count, I think it was at 27 the last time we tried to. We have lived in 3 states, and we have been blessed by the many friendships that we have made together.
We have lived and loved, laughed and cried, and yes even fought our way through, all that God has brought to us. And I hope that through it all, we have brought glory to His name.
As Thanksgiving becomes a memory and as Christmas approaches, I want to give ALL the praise to Jesus for the life that He has given to me, but mostly I want to THANK Him for my husband. I pray that God will help me to always be a wife worthy of my honey's love.
I love you Honey and I am so very thankful for you. You are the best and I can't imagine my life without you in it. And if the Lord tarries, I look forward to 30 more years of making memories with you, and if I do say so myself, you are the BEST husband, father, and grandpa on the planet!
"Let me see your face,
Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
And your face is lovely."
Song of Solomon 2:14

2 comments:

  1. you made me cry....I think he IS the BEST dad too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you listened to God's voice and moved here to Canon City (out of all those times you moved)! The little while you and Mitch were here impacted mine and Jay's life so positively!
    I do miss having you to talk to over coffee. Love you!

    ReplyDelete