Thursday, December 3, 2009

Food, Glorious Food




The second day of our Italian/Grecian vacation was spent at sea. After spending the day at Messina (Sciliy) Italy, we set sail for our next port of call, Athens (Pireus) Greece.


There isn't much to do, while stuck on a huge ship the size of a small city........we ate, we walked the decks, I did a little shopping in the on-board shops, and then we ate. It was a very windy day so spending time in the pool was out, so I lounged on a deck chair in the sun and read a good book (with some of the girls), and Mitch took a nap......oh, and we ate!


If I do say so myself, the food on board our ship was fantastic! We could eat anytime of the day or night. There was always coffee and hot beverages available with yummy sweets to go with your "cuppa"........My sweet tooth loved this most of all! And the dinners were to die for......steak and shrimp, salmon and chicken, prime rib and pork chops. The salads were awesome and the desserts, the best I have ever eaten......and the best part, you could have as much as you wanted!


Okay, enough about food, I am getting hungry just thinking about it........I better go for now, the Chocolate Covered Cherries that I bought yesterday are calling out to me.....



No comments:

Post a Comment