Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lets Go AMS!!

I love hockey....and not just any hockey.......Tri City Amercians hockey. I do have to credit this love of the game to our good friends, Robb and Maribeth Myers, who so graciously gifted us with tickets these last 5 years! Sharing the game with them and the Woods family is so much fun and I look forward to each and every game.
I do have to say that I am quite the crazy fan......yes, I am. I cheer and encourage "our boys" quite loudly, and yes, I yell at the refs. Mitch has to frequently remind me to not call them idiots and to not ask if they want to borrow my glasses cuz they are so blind!!!
While Mitch and I were on vacation, we had the opportunity of seeing the Ams play in Round 1 against the Bruins, at the Chilliwack arena. For vacation we had planned to drive to Canada and we just happened to be up there and in the area of Chilliwack for one of the games.......how cool is that? The Ams won that game in over-time too. I had taken a bunch of photos of the game, but I accidently deleted them (and most of our trip's photos) from my camera.
Well, the Ams did it again.......they won in overtime, and defeated the Kelowna Rockets (the WHL Defending Champions no less) in Round two of the play-offs!! The Ams were down 3 to 0 until the third period of play when we scored 3 and tied the game!! The Ams scored the game winning goal within the first 5 minutes of over-time play. I bet the house was rockin'!!!
We missed seeing the game in person......we go to Spokane once a month to visit the family and we knew that we were going to miss Friday night's game (I hope they all know just how much we love them, since we miss out on going to the games on those weekends!). So, I should have been in Spokane this Friday visiting with my family, but I got real sick and stayed home, while Mitch went up to Spokane without me.
I tried to follow the game on-line, but didn't know how to, and so I missed it!! It wasn't until the 11 o'clock news that I heard the final score, and even though I was sick, I yelled like a mad woman.....well, it was more like a hoarse squeek, but my heart was yelling for sure!!
Round 3 here we come!! We won't know until tonight who we will be playing, but watch out......here we come!!
Here is what one of our players, Johnny Lazo (Johnny scored the game-tying goal), was quoted as saying (in the local newspaper), "I was just banging away, luckily it just found its way into the net. This place was amazing. The fans erupted after I scored and after Reddick's (game winning) goal. Our fans are amazing."
And, if I do say so myself, we ARE!!


2 comments:

  1. I love love love going to games in Spokane with the Chiefs vs. Tri Cities...except I am a HUGE Chiefs fan. GO CHIEFS. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey SORRY i JUST GOT BACK ON. mY NUMBER IS 761-4705 , LOVE YA STEVE IS ONCE AGAIN WAITING ON SURGERY APPROVAL FOR THE OTHER KNEE..

    ReplyDelete