Friday, September 17, 2010

"And, Away We Go!"


Mitch and I are heading to Disneyland on Saturday next, with Todd and Laura, and their 4 little ones. I am so excited to be able to go with the newest grand kids. We had the opportunity to go with both of my girls and their families 5 years ago, and now it is time to go with the newest grands.
I loved being at Disneyland with my Steph and Laura when they were young.....they got so excited, and everything was so real to them, as it was for me when I was young.
I remember as a kid thinking that the guns in the Pirates of the Caribbean were real, so I would scrunch down in my seat or hide behind my brother, hoping to not get shot. I remember another ride that looked like you were going to be shrunk to a very tiny being, and then blasted off to Mars in a rocket ship. I really remember being scared the first time I went on it!! I still remember the magic of seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time, and I remember trying to pull the Sword out of the Stone.
I can remember that my dad would get us spinning so fast in the Tea Cups, that my head would fall back and I could hardly pull it forward we were going so fast, and now my husband does the same thing! And who can forget Peter Pan's Flight? The town of London looks so real, as you fly over it in your sailing ship.
There truly is something magical about Disneyland........the fairy lights in the trees, the scent of Churros on the air, the music of Disney (which you will notice is playing as you read this), the Electric Light Parade, and of course, the different characters walking about (well......Disney characters, not the people kind!), even the parking lots are special.
We plan to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel that is located in Disney's California Adventure Park. With 2 babies and a toddler, it will be nice to have our hotel close by, just in case naps are in order! I have always wanted to be able to stay at the park, so it should be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment