Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hanging Up Our Running Shoes......For Now


For those of you who have been waiting on pins and needles :) to hear how Mitch and I did in our Marathon.......well.........we weren't able to run!
Mitch was doing so good on his running, he even brought his running shoes to Disneyland. He got up early our first morning there, and headed to the gym, and he injured his knee on the treadmill.
Because of an old injury to my leg, I had already been babying my calf for a few weeks. I pulled a ligament and a muscle in the side of my calf a few years back, and it will hurt me every once in a while, but the running seemed to be ok, until I turned wrong one morning.......oops!
A friend of ours, who used to run a lot, until she injured her knees, suggested an Elliptical Trainer. She uses one, and told me that her knees don't hurt her when she "runs" on it. So we are on a hunt for one.
All I can say is.......Getting old is for the birds!!! In my 30's I used to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, working my buns off.......except for the usual muscle aches, I never hurt myself!
Ah well, maybe we can try again in the Spring.......Or maybe not, since I'll be even OLDER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment