Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Second Spring







"Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower."
Albert Camus
Fall is here........and if I do say so myself, Autumn is the BEST season of all. Most of you know that I do not like the heat of summer, and so the coming of Fall brings relief from the scorching heat. You have to admit, Fall is a gorgeous time of the year.
The changing season also means that Winter and Christmas are just around the corner....and they, are my favorite times of the year.....don't hate me, but I do love the snow, in fact, I am already praying for the Snow to come!
A few weeks back, during our usual visit to Spokane, Mitch and I went to Green Bluff with the fam. I had always wanted to visit the Bluff......Over the years, my girls had told me about how much fun it is. Green Bluff is an area of Spokane that holds orchards, and fields of produce, and grains. Each year, during the growing seasons, the Bluff is the place to pick your own fresh produce and fruit, but Autumn is the time to be there. Every year during the Fall Green Bluff is alive with people, visiting the orchards to pick apples and pears, sampling apple cider and home backed goodies, like pumpkin donuts.....YUM! There are horse and wagon rides for the kids, and we even went into a field to pick our own pumpkins. The grand kids enjoyed trying to earn a $100 by shooting a potato into a bucket.....too cute! The churches in the area hold Harvest Parties, and the locals open their barn-doors to the public. We enjoyed a meal at a sweet little shop that served the best home-made pies and sandwiches. We ate out on the terrace and listened to live music, enjoying the last few days of sunshine. I brought home a bag of apples, some fresh cut lavender, and of course.......pumpkins......best of all I brought home memories of a day spent with my sweet family, enjoying the blessings of God.












No comments:

Post a Comment