Saturday, February 5, 2011

"The Simple Answer"

The last time we were in Spokane I snapped this photo of the sunset......You can tell by the picture that the sky looks like it is on fire......Because of the wind, the clouds were in motion and with the sunlight behind them, they looked just like flames in a fireplace, leaping and dancing.......It was simply beautiful.
I am reminded of the words from the Bible that tell me that my God is a Consuming Fire. So often I let other things consume me.....I let the cares and concerns of my everyday life hold me captive......I let my feelings have their way more often than I care to admit and yet.......To be consumed in everlasting love and to be held in the Everlasting Arms, to dance for joy before my King.....Could there be anything better than that? Is there anything that can replace my God's all Consuming Love for me? The answer is simple..........NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment