Thursday, January 9, 2014

365 Day Photo Challenge-Days 6,7, and 8

My life is CrAzY!! I began this Photo Challenge as a 'creative outlet.'  I wanted to try my hand at something new, something that I thought would be fun.  Also, I'm challenging myself to 'follow' through on something that I enjoy doing.  I am real good at following through on work, home life, church, etc.  But, if it is something artistic or just for fun, I will find that I don't finish what I started.  I found that not being able to post the photos on their proper days, caused a bit of angst, and I wanted to just 'forget about it.'  I make up all kinds of excuses in my head for why it would be better to just stop.  After all, I got behind and now, how will I ever catch up?  Isn't it defeating the purpose of a 'Daily Photo Challenge,' if I don't do it 'daily?'
But, as I thought about it and prayed about it; I discovered that in the area of recreation, sports, crafting, sewing, writing, and picture taking, actually learning/doing anything new; I want to be 'perfect' at it!  And, that takes all of the 'fun' out of it.  My personality is such, that if I say that I am going to do something, well then, I better do it!  I tell myself, it's not like sports, or sewing, or this Challenge are so important.  It's not like continuing on with this challenge is going to affect or change anyone's life; so it's ok to quit!  Except, keeping up with it will change me!  I need to keep on going; even though I wasn't able to post every day, and it isn't going according to my plans, I need to not quit!
And so, I'll keep going.  Even though this post will contain 3 days worth of photos; I still took the photos each day, I was still trying to be creative about the subjects that I chose to capture, and I was still thinking about 'why' I chose them..........and best of all, it was fun!

Day 6-From a Low Angle
I love this old apple tree; the spring blossoms, the shade it gives in summer's heat, and the way it's branches look barren of leaves.  Even the texture of the bark is beautiful.

Day 7-Fruit
We had a potluck at Women's Bible Study today.  I love to fellowship with the ladies that attend.  God has made each one of us unique.  He has given to each of us spiritual gifts, so that we can serve and love on one another.  We all 'bring something' to the body of Christ. And, it is good!  Just like a potluck!  I know, it's a stretch, but I love how God uses the 'ordinary' things in my life, and turns it into an 'extraordinary' lesson.
For a potluck, we bring a dish to share.  Something that if we prepared it at home for our family will have fed a few, but now, it feeds many. We bring a dish that is thought out and unique to us.  We are sharing of our resources, of our time, and of ourselves; so that others are fed.
And so, I didn't take a picture of one kind of fruit, but of many, all mixed together, and it was good!

Day 8-A Bad Habit
I go to bed way too late!  Maybe this is why I don't have time to do the 'fun' things?  Maybe this is why I don't have the energy to 'finish' something that I have started?  The End!


No comments:

Post a Comment